Barcelona have suffered a blow in their pursuit of Neymar with Real Madrid supposedly launching a huge offer to the PSG star who Barca are determined to bring back to the Nou Camp just two years after he left under a cloud in a massive £200million transfer.
According to Catalan newspaper Sport, Los Blancos have launched a ‘dizzying’ offer to the player in an attempt to bring him to the Bernabeu.
Real have already had a fruitful summer, landing Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy and Eder Militao.
But their torrid pre-season form has led to the club to eye more reinforcements before the transfer window shuts on September 2.
The report says Real have moved to sign Neymar with Perez personally involved in the proceedings.
It is said they have offered the PSG forward wages of £38million a year.
And, should he accept, he will become the second best-paid player in the world behind team-mate Lionel Messi.
The PSG star is yet to respond to the offer – much to the confusion of Perez.
He is determined to leave the Parc des Princes this summer no doubt.
But Neymar’s preference is a Barcelona return, where he would reunite with both Messi and Luis Suarez.
Where Neymar ends up remains to be seen, with PSG so far blocking Barcelona from negotiating a deal.
SEE ALSO: Sarri Meets With Ronaldo To Plot Star Striker’s ‘New Role At Juve’
Meanwhile, Santos president Jose Carlos Peres believes Neymar should make the move to Real because ‘it would be the best place for him’.
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago