Borussia Dortmund’s Erling Haaland has claimed the 2020 Golden Boy award after a standout season for club and country.
Atletico Madrid's Joao Felix was the winner of the award in 2019 and Haaland overcame strong competition to land the prize in 2020.
Barcelona's Ansu Fati came second with Bayern Munich's Alphonso Davies finishing third.
Haaland's Dortmund team-mate Sancho, who was runner-up last year, came fourth while Rennes youngster Eduardo Camavinga was No 5.
GOLDEN BOY 2020 RANKINGS
1. Erling Haaland – Borussia Dortmund
2. Ansu Fati – Barcelona
3. Alphonso Davies – Bayern Munich
4. Jadon Sancho – Borussia Dortmund
5. Eduardo Camavinga – Rennes
6. Dejan Kulusevski – Juventus
7. Phil Foden – Manchester City
8. Dominik Szoboszlai – RB Salzburg
9. Bukayo Saka – Arsenal
10. Vinicius Jr – Real Madrid
The Golden Boy award was established by Italian newspaper Tuttosport and is given to the best young player under the age of 21 across the European leagues with the winner now decided by an intense voting process and panel of global experts.
Wayne Rooney, Paul Pogba and Lionel Messi are also former winners of the coveted trophy.
This article was most recently revised and updated 2 years ago