It’s been a bad couple of weeks for Unai Emery’s side since beating Napoli to book their place against Valencia in the Europa League semi-finals.
Three consecutive Premier League defeats have left Arsenal top-four hopes in tatters with only two games to go.
SEE ALSO: Arsenal Dream XI For Next Season’s Premier League
With the Gunners top four place looking so doubtful through the league Arsenal have to try to qualify for next season’s Champions League by winning the Europa League.
To do so the Gooners will have to somehow turn around this dreadful run they have been on and get the better of a very good Valencia side.
Like Arsenal, their best chance of playing in European football’s biggest competition next season is through the Europa League as they’re fifth in their domestic league with three games to go.
ARSENAL VS VALENCIA PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Arsenal have reached the semi-final stage of European competitions in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1993/94-1994/95 when they ultimately made the finals of the Cup Winners’ Cup two seasons running.
- This is Valencia’s first European semi-final appearance since 2013/14 when they reached the same stage of this competition before being eliminated by a Sevilla side that were managed by current Arsenal boss Unai Emery.
- Arsenal have faced Valencia on five previous occasions in all competitions, winning just once (D2 L2), in a Champions League quarter-final first leg in 2000/01 – Valencia eliminated them via away goals.
- Valencia have won two of their last three games against Arsenal (D1), winning last time out in the Champions League second group stage in 2002/03 at the Mestalla – however, they are winless in two away visits to Arsenal (D1 L1).
- Arsenal have kept nine clean sheets in their last 11 European games, conceding just four goals in total in that period.
SEE ALSO: Top 10 Richest Clubs In The World – See Their Current Worth
ARSENAL VS VALENCIA LINEUPS
ARSENAL (3-5-2) LINEUP
VALENCIA (4-4-2) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago