Kalusha Bwalya has reacted to the two-year ban handed him by FIFA Adjudicatory chamber of FIFA Ethics committee.
In a statement released by the legend, who is also a CAF Executive committee member, he was clear he will contest the decision saying FIFA's decision is not final.
“FIFA's decision is not final and I will fight tooth and nail for justice to clear my name as I thank my fans for their continued support” the statement from the 54-year-old read in part.
FIFA banned the Former African Footballer of the Year from the game for two years after an investigation into his links to banned Qatari official Mohammed Bin Hammam.
The adjudicatory chamber of FIFA's Ethics Committee said on Friday that they had banned Bwalya, a member of the executive committee of the Confederation of African Football, for two years from ‘all football-related activities at both national and international level.’
FIFA said in a statement they had been investigating Bwalya since February 2017 ‘focused principally on benefits that Mr Bwalya had received from Mr Bin Hammam.’
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago