Liverpool go into the Champions League last-eight tie against FC Porto as the heavy favourites to progress to the semi-finals.
Even though his team comfortably beat Porto over two legs last year Jurgen Klopp says he didn't particularly want to draw the Portuguese side in the quarter-finals.
SEE ALSO: Champions League Quarter-Finals Draw Detailed in FULL
Scotland captain Andy Robertson misses the first leg against Porto because of suspension. His place at left-back is to be filled by James Milner.
Virgil van Dijk and midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum should shake off knocks and be fit to play.
Star attacking trio Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane will be up front.
Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Joe Gomez remain on the long-term injury list.
The Portuguese side have been hit by a double blow with key players Pepe and Hector Herrera both suspended.
Liverpool vs. FC Porto Kick-off time is 8pm.
The return fixture between the teams will be played at Porto's Estádio do Dragão on Wednesday 17 April.
Liverpool vs. FC Porto Pre Match Insights
- Liverpool have never lost a European match against FC Porto in six previous encounters (W3 D3 L0).
- FC Porto were eliminated by Liverpool in the Champions League last season at the Last 16 stage, losing 0-5 on aggregate, though the second leg at Anfield did end goalless.
- Liverpool have progressed from four of their last five quarter-final appearances in the Champions League between 2004/05 and 2017/18 – only in 2008/09 did they fall out at this stage after a 5-7 aggregate defeat to Chelsea.
- FC Porto have never faced an opponent more without winning in the Champions League than Liverpool (four games), also failing in four matches against Zenit St Petersburg and Juventus.
- Each of Liverpool’s 12 goals in the Champions League this season have come from inside the box, the only side left in the competition yet to net a goal from outside the penalty area. Indeed, each of the nine goals Porto have conceded in the competition this season have also come from inside the box.
SEE ALSO: Revealed: The Two Ways Liverpool Can Beat Manchester City To Premier League Glory
Liverpool vs. FC Porto Starting XIs
Liverpool (3-4-3) Starting XI
FC Porto (4-3-3) Starting XI
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago