Liverpool will host Chelsea at the weekend with both teams needing a win to keep their hopes of respective goals alive.
Liverpool are challenging Manchester City for the Premier League title, and Chelsea needs a win to keep them in the race for the top four.
SEE ALSO: Best Footballer In The World – Here Are 2019's Top Ten
The media buildup to the game has been centred around the fateful 2-0 defeat to the Blues in 2014. Steven Gerrard’s slip and the ensuing title bid failure could be forgotten about with a win.
But in order for Liverpool to beat a resurgent Chelsea outfit, Jurgen Klopp needs to get his starting lineup absolutely perfect.
A win on Sunday will send out a message to the Premier League. It will show that the Reds won’t stop fighting until the very end.
LIVERPOOL XI TO FACE CHELSEA: PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Liverpool haven’t won any of their last six Premier League games at Anfield against Chelsea (D4 L2); the Reds have never endured a longer winless home run against an opponent in the competition.
- Chelsea have only lost twice in their last 16 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions (W6 D8), though both of those defeats came at Stamford Bridge. The Blues’ last defeat at Anfield came back in May 2012 in the Premier League (1-4).
- Chelsea have already won away at Liverpool this season, beating them 2-1 in the EFL Cup. They’ve never won twice at Anfield within the same season, with Arsenal in 2006-07 the last side to do so against Liverpool.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 37 Premier League games at Anfield – only once in their top-flight history have they had a longer unbeaten home run (63 between Feb 1978-Dec 1980).
- Chelsea have lost their last five Premier League away games against fellow ‘big six’ opponents, including all three this season by an aggregate score of 1-11. However, the Blues have won three of their last four away league games against sides starting the day top, including a 2-0 victory at Anfield in April 2014.
LIVERPOOL XI TO FACE CHELSEA
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 weeks ago