Mourinho Speaks On Son And Bale Injury Latest And Availability For Man Utd Showdown

Son And Bale Injury Latest Man Utd Showdown

Tottenham will travel to Old Trafford this weekend to take on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United, but they won’t be able to call on the services of Son Heung-Min or Gareth Bale.

The 28-year-old Son picked up a hamstring injury during Spurs’ 1-1 draw with Newcastle United last Sunday and had to be withdrawn at half-time.

It was thought the South Korean’s injury wouldn’t keep him on the sidelines for too long. That, however, hasn’t proven to be the case.

“It’s an injury,” Mourinho said of Son ahead of Spurs’ Europa League clash with Maccabi Haifa on Thursday. “We’ll have him out for a while. It’s his hamstring.”

Bale – who returned to the north Londoners on loan from Real Madrid last month – will also miss Sunday’s trip to Old Trafford.

The Wales international is still recovering from a minor knee injury, which is expected to keep him on the sidelines until after the international break.

SEE ALSO | PSG Forward Neymar Out Of Ligue 1 Action Until 2021

When asked to provide an update on the Welshman, Mourinho said: “Bale cannot play tomorrow or on the weekend, that I can confirm.’’

Follow GoalBall across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Subscribe
Notify me of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments