Arsenal will be in Italy tonight as they take on Napoli in their Europa League quarter-final second leg.
The Gunners have a 2-0 to defend courtesy of an Aaron Ramsey strike and a Kalidou Koulibaly own goal.
SEE ALSO: Best Footballer In The World – Here Are 2019’s Top Ten
However, Napoli are a difficult side at the San Paolo, you can ask Liverpool who are one of many teams to have fallen to defeat in Naples this season.
The winner of this clash will play the winner between Villarreal and Valencia – Valencia have a 3-1 lead from the first leg.
Napoli vs Arsenal kicks-off at 8:00pm on Thursday 18 April.
NAPOLI VS ARSENAL PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Napoli’s only previous home match against Arsenal was in the 2013-14 Champions League group stage, winning 2-0.
- Arsenal’s last away match in Italy was at the Last 16 stage of last season’s Europa League, winning 2-0 against AC Milan.
- Napoli have been eliminated on the last eight occasions they’ve lost the first leg of a major European knockout match, last overturning a first-leg deficit in the 1988-89 UEFA Cup quarter-final against Juventus (0-2 first leg, 3-0 second leg).
- Arsenal’s 2-0 win in the first leg was the 17th occasion the Gunners have won the first leg of a major European knockout match by two or more goals – they’ve progressed on each of the previous 16 occasions.
- Unai Emery has won 25 matches in the Europa League knockout stages – more than any other manager.
SEE ALSO: Maurizio Sarri ask Chelsea To Sign Napoli defender Elseid Hysaj
NAPOLI VS ARSENAL LINEUPS
NAPOLI (4-4-2) LINEUP
ARSENAL (3-4-2-1) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago