Liverpool will be in Newcastle on Saturday evening knowing that nothing but victory will do as they look to continue putting the pressure on Manchester City who are currently the league leaders.
The Reds sit one point behind City in this most exciting of title races with Newcastle and Wolves left to play in their final two games, with the Citizens hosting Leicester City on Monday night before going to Brighton on the final day of the season.
NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Newcastle United have only lost one of their last seven home Premier League games against Liverpool (0-6 in April 2013), winning four and drawing the other two.
- Liverpool have won their last two Premier League games against Newcastle – they haven’t won three in a row against them since a run of four between November 2007 and May 2009.
- Liverpool have lost 10 away Premier League games against Newcastle, only losing more against Man Utd (16), Chelsea (14) and Spurs (12).
- Newcastle have won their last four home league matches in the month of May, scoring 13 goals and conceding just once.
- Newcastle have won six of their last seven Premier League home games, netting at least twice in each victory (L1).
Newcastle vs Liverpool kick-off time and date is set for 4th of May 2019 at 19:45 (GMT +1).
NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL LINEUPS
NEWCASTLE (3-4-3) LINEUP
LIVERPOOL (4-3-3) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago