Barcelona's under-fire manager, Ronald Koeman walked out on journalists at a press conference on Wednesday after reading out a pre-prepared contract with the club.
The Dutch manager has received a whole lot of criticisms following Barcelona's abysmal performance in the Champions League last week where they lost 0-3 at the Camp Nou and Monday's late draw at home to Granada in La Liga, with the team's tactics and style coming under scrutiny.
Against Granada, his team delivered 54 crosses and ended the game with central defenders Gerard Pique and Ronald Araujo playing up front.
Recall that some days back, Koeman said with him in charge at Barca, the club has a future but he's found winning so hard to come by ever since he made that statement.
In his press conference, Koeman sat down after being introduced by the club's press officer, who said the Dutchman wanted to read a short statement.
Reading from a piece of paper, Koeman said: “Hello everyone. The club with me as coach is in a situation of rebuilding.
“The financial situation of the club is connected to the sporting activities and vice-versa. This means we as a team have to rebuild the team without being able to make any big financial investments. This needs time.
“The young talent today could be the next big world stars in just a few years. To rebuild this team, young players will be given opportunities like Xavi and Iniesta had in their day. But we must ask for patience.
“Achieving a high ranking in La Liga is a great success. In the Champions League, we can't hope for miracles. The defeat by Bayern Munich last week has to be analysed from that perspective.
“The process we're in now with the staff and the team deserves unconditional support, in words and actions. I know the press recognises this process.
“It's not the first time in Barcelona's history this has happened. We count on your support in these difficult times.
“As staff and players, we are very happy with the great support of the fans, like we had in the match against Granada. Visca Barca, thanks to everyone.”
Several names, including Xavi Hernandez, Roberto Martinez and Antonio Conte, have been mentioned as possible successors to 58-year-old Koeman, whose relationship with club president Joan Laporta has been strained in recent weeks.
Barcelona head to Cadiz on Thursday in La Liga, having won two and drawn two of their opening four league games.
This article was most recently revised and updated 2 years ago