Manchester United travel to Wolverhampton Wanderers this evening as the Red Devils go in hunt for another three points to aid their top four hunt.
Victory over Watford on Saturday saw United draw level on points with Tottenham Hotspur, but along with Arsenal and Chelsea, the four of them are competing for the final two Champions League spots.
SEE ALSO: The One Reason Paul Pogba Will QUIT For Real Madrid
David de Gea can expect another busy game on Tuesday as Wolves have a potent attack.
Victor Lindelof can expect to return to the starting lineup alongside Chris Smalling in the middle of our back four.
Luke Shaw will continue at left-back. Given his age, Ashley Young could be replaced by Diogo Dalot but as we’re not in action next weekend I think his place will be fine.
Paul Pogba needs to put in a much better performance than what he showed against Watford last time out though.
Jesse Lingard should retain his role as the number 10 though Juan Mata could give him a run for his money.
Romelu Lukaku would replace Anthony Martial who faced the Hornets on Saturday. You can be sure Marcus Rashford is in the starting lineup at Molineux.
Wolves vs Man United Pre Match Insights
- Wolves have alternated between victory and defeat in their four previous Premier League home games against Man Utd, losing 0-5 the last time the sides faced each other at Molineux in March 2012.
- Manchester United are looking to avoid consecutive away defeats against Wolves in all competitions for the first time since August 1980.
- Following their 2-1 win against them in the FA Cup quarter-final, Wolves are looking to beat Manchester United twice in the same season for the first time since 1979-80, when they won both top-flight games against the Red Devils.
- The last time Man Utd failed to win home or away against a promoted side in a single Premier League campaign was back in 2002-03, drawing at home and losing away at Manchester City.
- Wolves have won more points against ‘big six’ sides in the Premier League this season than any of the other 14 teams in the competition (10 – W2 D4 L3).
SEE ALSO: Solskjaer Decision Leaves Barcelona Transfer Plan In Disarray
Wolves vs Man United Line Ups
Wolves (3-5-2) Line Up
Man United (4-3-1-2) Line Up
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago