Chelsea have the advantage over Europa League quarter-final visitors Slavia Prague, who travel to Stamford Bridge needing to overturn a one-goal deficit.
The Blues lead 1-0 from their first leg win in Prague, with Slavia manager Jindrich Trpisovsky Trpisovsky admitting only a “miracle” will see his minnows reach the last four.
But if the men from the Czech Republic score at least two then they will go through in the event of an aggregate draw, thanks to the away goals rule.
However, with the visitors currently top of their domestic league and having seen off Sevilla in the last 16 as underdogs, Chelsea should be wary of the threat the visitors can bring.
Chelsea vs Slavia Praha Kick-off: 8pm, Thursday 18 April 2019, at Stamford Bridge.
CHELSEA VS SLAVIA PRAHA PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Chelsea’s only previous European meeting with Slavia Prague was their 1-0 first leg victory.
- Slavia Prague are winless in their last eight European meetings with English clubs (W0 D2 L6) since winning 2-1 at home to Leeds United in March 2000 in the UEFA Cup.
- Chelsea have won 10 of their 11 Europa League matches this season (W10 D1 L0) – no English side has ever won 11 major European games in a single season (also Man Utd in 2002-03/2016-17 and Newcastle United in 2004-05 on 10 wins).
- Slavia Prague have overturned a first-leg deficit on four of the 12 occasions this has occurred in major European competition, although they have been eliminated on all four occasions they’ve lost the first leg at home.
- Willian has provided seven Europa League assists for Chelsea this season, the joint-most in the competition along with BATE’s Igor Stasevich.
CHELSEA VS SLAVIA PRAHA LINEUPS
CHELSEA (4-3-3) LINEUP
SLAVIA PRAHA (4-3-1-2) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago