What is draw no bet? – A complete guide

Let no one tell you otherwise. Online betting is incredibly risky, and you could lose money even after a careful forecast. That's why many experienced bettors adopt complex strategies to protect their selections.

The Draw No Bet is an effective strategy to simplify your selections and make winning much easier, but what exactly does it mean, and how can it be applied? We've compiled a guide to show you everything you need to know about this selection, including the meaning of draw no bet, its applications, and examples to drive home the point.

What is the meaning of draw no bet?

Are you one of those bettors who prefers a simple life with straightforward results? The Draw No Bet (DNB) is undoubtedly an option to consider. So, what is the meaning of draw no bet?

Draw No Bet meaning

As its name implies, this selection removes the possibility of a draw from a match result. This type of bet will be closed when either of the competing teams wins. The odds of a Draw No Bet wager represent the chances of each team winning without a draw.

Before going further, let's review why the DNB wager was introduced. A quick look at the history of sporting events reveals that draws are rare. For instance, in the English premier league, there was a 25% draw percentage in matches played between 2012 – 2017. When they occur, these draws tend to throw off the odds of a team to win. So, the Draw No Bet offers bettors the chance to stake on a result without considering a draw outcome.

If you add a Draw No Bet selection to your bet slip, it means either team must win. You can stake on a home draw no bet meaning your bet will close only when the home team wins, or away draw no bet. However, in the case of a draw, the selection will be canceled, and the remainder of your bet slip will be valid.

This type of wager is more prevalent among bettors who want to avoid too much risk. By eliminating the possibility of a draw, the chances of losing the bet have been reduced. The only downside to this wager is that its odds are lower.

Application of draw no bet in soccer betting

We've explained the meaning of draw no bet. Let's review how this odd type is applied in soccer. If you're still unclear about how the DNB works, these examples will shed more light on the concept.

Assume there's an upcoming Uefa Champions League match between Chelsea and Newcastle with double chance odds as follows:

  • Chelsea to win (1) – 1.98
  • Newcastle to win (2) – 3.62
  • Draw (X) – 4.19

These odds show that Chelsea is the favorite of this match with 1.98 odds of winnings, while Newcastle are the underdogs with 3.62 odds. As you'd expect, a draw is the most unlikely outcome in this match, but it has the highest odds (4.19). Now, let's use these numbers to determine the implied probability of each event. To do this, we'll divide 1 by the odds for each likely outcome, e.g.,

(1/1.98) x 100% = 50% chance of a Chelsea victory.

In this case, there's also a 50% chance the match would end in a draw or a Newcastle win – 23% and 27% chance respectively. Now, let's compare these numbers to the Draw No Bet wager of the same fixture.

The odds for a Draw No Bet in the Chelsea vs. Newcastle fixture are:

  • Chelsea to win (1) – 1.49
  • Newcastle to win (2) – 2.69

In this new scenario, the probability of a Chelsea win has skyrocketed to 67%, while Newcastle only has a 33% chance. By eliminating the likelihood of a draw, the chances of winning will increase because the bookmaker has boosted the winning probability of both teams.

When to use the draw no bet?

As emphasized earlier, the main reason for choosing a Draw No Bet is to reduce the probability of losing. But that's not the only time to consider using this wager. Here's a list of scenarios where it makes sense to use the DNB:

Draw No Bet

  • When a draw is likely: You can use this wager if there's a high chance of a draw in the upcoming matchup, but you'd prefer to stake on a win for either team. A great way to spot a match that may end in a draw is by studying the odds. If both teams have similar odds, with one of them having a more minor edge, chances are both teams are closely matched.
  • When staking the underdog: If you want to bet on an underdog, you may fare better with a DNB wager. These odds will reduce your chances of losing the bet by removing the possibility of a draw.
  • When live betting: If you're live betting and firmly believe that either side can win, you can use this wager to improve your chances of closing that bet. Now, all that's left is for your favored team to clinch their victory.

Conclusion

When staking double chance, you may be tempted by how much bigger the odds are. However, the likelihood of a draw skews the potential payout. That's where the Draw No Bet comes in. If you want better odds, try for handicap betting. 

By selecting the DNB wager, you eliminate the possibility of a draw and reduce the implied probability of losing. Please review this article to learn the draw no bet meaning, its applications, and when to use it.

FAQs

What is draw no bet meaning?

Draw No Bet is a type of wager in which a bettor stakes that either team will win a matchup and cancels the bet in the occurrence of a draw. The only way to close a Draw No Bet wager is with a win.

Can I use draw no bet as a strategy for safer betting?

Draw no bet is a unique odd type that can be incorporated into your betting strategy to reduce your overall exposure to risk.

Is draw no bet available for other sports besides soccer?

Yes, Draw No Bet (DNB) is available for other sports besides soccer, although it may not be as common as in soccer betting. Some bookmakers offer Draw No Bet options for sports like tennis, basketball, hockey, and American football, among others.

This article was most recently revised and updated 3 weeks ago