Fellaini Makes It Out ALIVE From Chinese Hospital After Coronavirus Scare

Fellaini Alive After Coronavirus Scare

Belgium international Marouane Fellaini was discharged on Tuesday after three weeks in a Chinese hospital being treated for coronavirus, his club said.

The Former Manchester United star, the only player known to have contracted the disease in the Chinese Super League (CSL), will now spend 14 days in quarantine for further observation.

The Shandong Luneng midfielder said on March 22 that he had tested positive for the virus, having just returned to China, but assured fans that he was feeling fine.

While in hospital in the city of Jinan, Fellaini posted videos of himself on Instagram exercising in his room.

“Fellaini was assessed and was deemed to have recovered, and was discharged today,” Shandong said in a brief statement.

China, where the outbreak emerged in December, says that it has curbed the illness at home but is now worried about a second wave of infections from overseas.

Fellaini’s positive test dealt a blow to the CSL’s hopes of starting the season any time soon, after its February 22 start date was indefinitely postponed.

SEE ALSO | Jerome Boateng Crash Car After Returning From Hospital

The 32-year-old, also formerly of Everton, joined Shandong from Manchester United in February last year for a reported 7.2 million euros.

Follow GoalBall across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Subscribe
Notify me of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments