in

Mikel Arteta Speaks On How COVID-19 Symptoms Affected Him

Arteta COVID-19 Symptoms

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has come out to talk about his recovery from the coronavirus, which led to the suspension of top-flight football in the UK.

Arteta has now recovered from the disease and has provided a timeline of events from learning he had the disease and opening up on what it was like, to explaining how he informed Arsenal, and finally confirming he is healthy once more.

“I’m very well now, I feel that I have recovered,” Arteta told La Sexta.

“It took me three or four days to start feeling much better and with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind and now, the truth is that I feel very well.”

On the timeline of events from the moment he started to feel unwell, he continued: “Everything happened very fast. On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there.

“I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos had tested positive and everyone that had been in contact was at risk.

“I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos].

“We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything.

“I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.

“Obviously all those that had been in contact with me had to go into quarantine, and consequently, games had to be suspended.”

The Gunners are delaying the return of their training until further notice amid the current Government advice on social distancing.

Arsenal’s statement said: “Our men’s first-team players were scheduled to return to training on Tuesday after completing 14 days isolation following Mikel Arteta’s positive diagnosis for the virus.

“As a result of the current situation, we are clear it would be inappropriate and irresponsible to ask players to come back at this time.

SEE ALSO | ‘Suspending Football Will Lead To Divorces’ – Trabzonspor President

“Therefore our men’s first team, women and academy players are all remaining at home. Stay at home and save lives.”

Follow GoalBall across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Oseg Hale

Written by Oseg Hale

Oseg has been a writer since 2013. His passion for helping people in all aspects of sports flow through in the expert coverage he provides in writing for GoalBall.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *