Liverpool will be targeting a return to the top of the Premier League table when they clash with Southampton on the road tonight.
The Reds secured a hard-fought 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur last weekend, but need to produce a much better performance against Ralph Hasenhüttl's side.
SEE ALSO: Jose Mourinho Denies Involvement in Sale of Mohamed Salah at Chelsea
Alisson Becker is currently leading the Golden Glove race with one clean sheet more than Manchester City's Ederson and the Brazilian is expected to feature between the sticks once more.
The defence should remain unchanged with Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andrew Robertson occupying the full-back positions whilst Virgil van Dijk and Joel Matip should feature at the heart of the backline.
Klopp could be tempted to make at least one change in midfield.
In attack, the trio of Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino are very much certain to feature.
Southampton v Liverpool Pre Match Insights
- Southampton are winless in their last five Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D2 L3), failing to score each time.
- Liverpool have won their last three Premier League games against Southampton – they’ve never won four in a row against Saints in their league history.
- Southampton have won five of their 10 Premier League games against Liverpool at St Mary’s – they’ve only beaten Everton more often at the ground in the competition (6).
- This will be Southampton’s first top-flight home game on a Friday since December 1991 (1-1 vs Notts County) with all five of their such games in the Premier League coming away from home (W1 D2 L2).
- Liverpool have won five of their last six Premier League games on a Friday (D1) since a 2-4 loss at Arsenal in April 2004.
SEE ALSO: The 3 Strikers Liverpool Should Target In Summer As Cover For Roberto Firmino
Liverpool XI: Alisson, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip, Virgil van Dijk, Andrew Robertson, Georginio Wijnaldum, James Milner, Fabinho, Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago