“José Mourinho trophies and titles won” as the title of a book will surely be a bestseller for upcoming managers who want to succeed in the tough world of football management.
This is because the ‘Special One' is full of interesting stories, brilliant quotes and legendary moments which have helped him to the top of the food chain in football management.
Despite his dismissal from the UEFA board following his outburst at the UEFA Europa League final, Mourinho remains a legendary manager.
This article details all of his incredible achievements, spelling out José Mourinho trophies and titles won to date.
José Mourinho trophies and titles won list
Overall, José Mourinho has been champions of various leagues and competitions 26 times in his career.
Until recently, the former Chelsea boss never lost whenever he led a team to an European final. That loss to Sevilla in the 2023 UEFA Europa League final was the first of his career while managing teams for European competitions, adding to the five runner-up medals he has earned.
Below is a table of the teams José Mourinho has managed in his career and the trophies and titles won with said clubs.
|Club||Domestic Title||Domestic Cup||European Title|
|União de Leiria|
|FC Porto||Primeira Liga||Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira, Taça de Portugal||UEFA Champions League, UEFA Cup (Europa League)|
|Chelsea||Premier League||FA Cup, Football League Cup, FA Community Shield|
|Inter Milan||Serie A||Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italiana||UEFA Champions League|
|Real Madrid||LaLiga||Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España|
|Manchester United||EFL Cup, FA Community Shield||UEFA Europa League|
|AS Roma||UEFA Europa Conference League|
Number of titles won
José Mourinho is one of the world's most successful managers. He is also Portugal's most successful manager and is second only to Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal's most successful football personality. The table below shows the number of José Mourinho trophies and titles won in his career as a manager.
|Title||Number of times won|
|Italian Serie A||2|
|Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira||1|
|Taça de Portugal||1|
|Football League Cup (EFL Cup/Carabao Cup)||4|
|FA Community Shield||2|
|Copa del Rey||1|
|Supercopa de España||1|
|UEFA Champions League||2|
|UEFA Cup (Europa League)||2|
|UEFA Europa Conference League||1|
Personal awards and achievements
José Mourinho has had a storied career as a manager and those achievements have also been recognised by various sport institutions. His achievement at Chelsea still stands out till today and he was bestowed with an award for it. His treble with Inter Milan also earned him a personal honour. Below is the list of all the awards the sexagenarian has earned in his managerial career.
- Onze d'Or Coach of the Year: 2005
- FIFA World Coach of the Year: 2010
- IFFHS World's Best Club Coach: 2004, 2005, 2010, 2012
- IFFHS World's Best Coach of the 21st Century 2001–2020
- Premier League Manager of the Season: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15
- Premier League Manager of the Month: November 2004, January 2005, March 2007,November 2020
- Serie A Coach of the Year: 2008–09, 2009–10
- Serie A Coach of the Month: August 2022
- Panchina d'Oro: 2009–10
- Miguel Muñoz Trophy: 2010–11, 2011–12
- UEFA Manager of the Year: 2002–03, 2003–04
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2010
- World Soccer Magazine World Manager of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2010
- World Soccer 3rd Greatest Manager of All Time: 2013
- ESPN 9th Greatest Manager of All time: 2013
- France Football 13th Greatest Manager of All time: 2019
- European Coach of the Year – Alf Ramsey Award: 2010
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year Coach Award: 2005
- La Gazzetta dello Sport Man of the Year: 2010
- International Sports Press Association Best Manager in the World: 2010
- Prémio Prestígio Fernando Soromenho: 2012
- Football Extravaganza's League of Legends (2011)
- Globe Soccer Awards Best Coach of the Year: 2012
- Globe Soccer Awards Best Media Attraction in Football: 2012
- Portuguese Coach of the Century: 2015
- PFA Portuguese Manager of the Year: 2017
- LMA Performances of the Week: 2 December 2017 (Arsenal 1–3 Man.Utd), 7 April 2018 (Man.City 2–3 Man.Utd)
- Italian Football Hall of Fame: 2022
Guinness world records
José Mourinho's wins and achievements have also broken a number of world records, as referenced by the official world record documenters, Guinness World Records. Here are the records that the AS Roma manager has achieved in his career to date.
- Former record holder for most points achieved in a Premier League season (95 points)
- Youngest manager to reach 100 Champions League games (49 years 12 days)
- Most games unbeaten at home in the Premier League (77)
- Fewest goals conceded in a Premier League season (15 goals)
- Longest football unbeaten home run by a manager (9 years)
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 months ago