Manchester United’s bid for Jadon Sancho worth up to £91.3m (€100m) has been rejected by Borussia Dortmund.
The offer was for an initial £73m, rising to up to £91.3m, which fell short of Dortmund’s £108m valuation.
Earlier on Tuesday, Dortmund captain Marco Reus told Sky in Germany that Sancho is staying for one more year.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side have not given up on trying to sign the England forward, despite missing the August 10 deadline the Bundesliga club had set for the deal to be completed.
Despite the Dortmund hierarchy stating on several occasions – both before and after the deadline – that if it was not met Sancho would remain with the club, rumblings have continued over the Red Devils submitting a bid before the transfer window closes on October 5.
United made a breakthrough in negotiations with Sancho’s representatives earlier this month, with wages and agents fees no longer thought to be an issue for the Premier League club.
SEE ALSO | Serie A To Be Suspended Over Covid-19 Surge
However, on September 23, Dharmesh Sheth told The Transfer Show Borussia Dortmund had been left “bemused” by United’s attempts to sign the 20-year-old.