Liverpool face Spurs in the Champions League final at the Wanda Metropolitano tonight in a season-defining showdown.
The three defeats in the Group stage which has the Reds on the verge of elimination feel like a lifetime ago to the thousands of Koppites in Madrid.
SEE ALSO: UEFA Announce Europa League Squad Of The Season
The incredible comeback from 3-0 down against Barcelona has only served to galvanise the feeling that a sixth European Cup is destined for Anfield.
But now, after losing six back-to-back finals, Klopp must deliver the trophy that Liverpool fans have been longing for since that 2005 night in Istanbul.
Tottenham vs Liverpool game kicks off at 8p.m (GMT+1)
Tottenham vs Liverpool Pre Match Insights
- The Reds are playing in their ninth European Cup/Champions League final – more than any other English side. They’ve won the trophy five times, but have lost their last two finals (2007 and 2018).
- Spurs are playing in their first ever European Cup/Champions League final, and are the eighth different English side to do so. The last five first-time finalists have ended up on the losing side (Chelsea 2008, Arsenal 2006, Monaco 2004, Bayer Leverkusen 2002 and Valencia 2000).
- This will be the second all-English European Cup/Champions League final, with Manchester United beating Chelsea on penalties in 2008 in the other.
- This is the first Champions League final between two sides who both failed to win their respective groups since Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich in 2010.
- The Reds won both of their league meetings with Spurs this season. In total, they’ve met at least three times in all competitions in 13 previous campaigns – Liverpool have only beaten Tottenham three times in a single season in one of those (1985-86 – four times).
SEE ALSO: List of Premier League Winners: Complete From (1889)
Tottenham vs Liverpool Lineups
Tottenham (4-2-3-1) Lineup
- Davinson Sánchez
- Érik Lamela
- Victor Wanyama
- Michel Vorm
- Eric Dier
- Kyle Walker-Peters
- Fernando Llorente
- Juan Foyth
- Paulo Gazzaniga
- Serge Aurier
- Lucas Moura
- Ben Davies
Liverpool (4-3-3) Lineup
- van Dijk
SEE ALSO: Pep Signing This £60m Superstar Is A Total Waste Of Money!
- Dejan Lovren
- James Milner
- Joe Gomez
- Daniel Sturridge
- Alberto Moreno
- Adam Lallana
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Simon Mignolet
- Xherdan Shaqiri
- Rhian Brewster
- Divock Origi
- Caoimhin Kelleher
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago