Manchester United chiefs aren’t reportedly ruling out a new contract for Paul Pogba despite comments made by his agent, Mino Raiola.
The France international scored on Tuesday night as the Red Devils saw their hopes of Champions League glory ended by a ruthless RB Leipzig side.
United’s preparations for their Champions League showdown with RB Leipzig were thrown into chaos on Monday night when Raiola claimed Pogba wanted out.
“There’s no point beating about the bush. Paul is unhappy at Manchester United, he can’t manage to express himself like he wants to and like people expect him to,” he said.
Yet ESPN say United have doubts about whether Juventus and Real Madrid can afford to buy Pogba.
The World Cup winner is tied to the club until 2022 and apparently, Red Devils chiefs aren’t ruling out a new contract.
United are expecting to receive cash plus player offers – but they won’t consider anybody who hasn’t previously been on their radar.
Red Devils' top bosses are said to be split over what to do with Pogba.
Some want him gone, believing it’s best to cut their losses on the 27-year-old given all the noise that surrounds him.
But it seems he could yet remain at the Theatre of Dreams.
This article was most recently revised and updated 2 years ago