The Super Eagles of Nigeria are expected to pay a courtesy visit to President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on May 29 and are also planned to depart their Austrian training camp June 11 for the 2018 World Cup.
Media Officer of the national team, Toyin Ibitoye has disclosed the timetable of the team leading up to Russia 2018 during a television programme monitored in Lagos yesterday.
The Super Eagles will open training camp on May 22 in Uyo before a friendly against DR Congo in Port Harcourt on May 28.
The game will mark the partnership between the Rivers State Government and La Liga giants Real Madrid to set up an academy in Port Harcourt.
After their Presidential visit, the team will fly out to London for a World Cup friendly against England on June 2.
Coach Gernot Rohr will be announcing his final 23-man squad for the World Cup not later than June 4.
The squad will then face Czech Republic in a final friendly match on June 6 in Austria
The Eagles will depart for Russia on June 11, five days before their opening Group D match against Croatia.
SUPER EAGLES 2018 WORLD CUP TIMETABLE
- May 22 – Training camp opens in Uyo
- May 28 – Friendly vs DR Congo in Port Harcourt
- May 29 – Presidential visit in Abuja
- June 2 – Friendly vs England at Wembley
- June 4 – Announcement of the final 23-man squad
- June 6 – Final friendly vs Czech Republic
- June 11 – Departure to Russia
- June 16 – Opening Group D match vs Croatia
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 year ago