The trio of Riyad Mahrez, Liverpool duo Sadio Mane and Mohamed Salah are the three finalists in contention for CAF Men’s Player of the Year award.
The women’s shortlist involves Ajara Nchout of Cameroon and Valerenga, Asisat Oshoala of Nigeria and Barcelona and South Africa’s Beijing Phoenix FC star Thembi Kgatlana.
Date And Venue
The 2019 CAF Awards winners will be announced at the ceremony on 7 January at Albatros Citadel Sahl Hasheesh, Hurghada, Egypt.
SuperSport TV will not be broadcasting the Award due to TV rights issue which has seen a blackout of CAF content since October.
However, fans can watch the awards ceremony via streaming on CAF’s digital channel.
Full list of shortlists are as follows:
African Player of the Year
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt & Liverpool)
- Riyad Mahrez (Algeria & Manchester City)
- Sadio Mane (Senegal & Liverpool)
African Women’s Player Of The Year
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)
African Interclubs’ Player Of The Year
- Anice Badri (Tunisia & Esperance)
- Tarek Hamed (Egypt & Zamalek)
- Youcef Belaïli (Algeria & Esperance / Ahli Jeddah)
African Youth Player Of The Year
- Achraf Hakimi (Morocco & Borussia Dortmund)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Nigeria & Villarreal)
- Victor Osimhen (Nigeria & Lille)
African Men’s Coach Of The Year
- Aliou Cisse (Senegal – Senegal)
- Djamel Belmadi (Algeria – Algeria)
- Moïne Chaâbani (Tunisia – Esperance)
African Women’s Coach Of The Year
- Alain Djeumfa (Cameroon)
- Desiree Ellis (South Africa)
- Thomas Dennerby (Nigeria)
African Men’s National Team Of The Year
African Women’s National Team Of The Year
- South Africa
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago