The shortlist for the 2019 Golden Boy award has been cut to 40 players, and it includes an African star and youngsters from Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester City.
Here are 40 of the best players who have been nominated:
2019 GOLDEN BOY SHORTLIST
- Benoit Badiashile (Monaco)
- Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)
- Michael Cuisance (Bayern Munich)
- Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich)
- Tom Dele-Bashiru (Watford)
- Matthijs De Ligt (Juventus)
- Krepin Diatta (Club Brugge)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan)
- Denis Dragus (Standard Liege)
- Eljif Elmas (Napoli)
- Ibrain Florentino Luis (Benfica)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Matteo Guendouzi (Arsenal)
- Erling Haaland (Red Bull Salzburg)
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
- Alexander Isak (Real Sociedad)
- Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid)
- Dejan Joveljic (Frankfurt)
- Boubacar Kamara (Marseille)
- Moise Kean (Everton)
- Justin Kluivert (Roma)
- Ibrahima Konate (RB Leipzig)
- Alban Lafont (Nantes)
- Diego Lainez (Real Betis)
- Kang-in Lee (Valencia)
- Andriy Lunin (Valladolid)
- Donyell Malen (PSV Eindhoven)
- Mason Mount (Chelsea)
- Nehuen Perez (Famalicao)
- Reiss Nelson (Arsenal)
- Abdulkadir Omur (Trabzonspor)
- Strahinja Pavlovic (Partizan Belgrade)
- Rafael Leao (AC Milan)
- Rodrygo (Real Madrid)
- Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
- Luis Sinisterra (Feyenoord)
- Jean-Clair Todibo (Barcelona)
- Ferran Garcia Torres (Valencia)
- Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid)
- Nicolo Zaniolo (Roma)
Italian publication Tuttosport has trimmed the list of nominees for the 2019 Golden Boy award to just 40 names after opening the latest round of voting to the public.
Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt is the current holder of the title and could become the first player to win the award twice after making the latest round of nominees.
The Dutchman is joined on the list by Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze, who is arguably Africa's strongest competitor after excelling with his club Villarreal and the Super Eagles in 2019.
Real Madrid are represented by two nominees in the form of the Brazilian pairing of Rodrygo Goes and Vinicius Junior, who are both considered outside contenders for the award while reigning Premier League champions Manchester City boast Phil Foden among the top 40.
A number of Bundesliga stars, including Bayer Leverkusen and Germany wonderkid Kai Havertz, and Borussia Dortmund and England starlet Jadon Sancho, also feature among the 10 biggest names!
SEE ALSO: Emmanuel Adebayor Gets Himself A Year’s Deal With Kayserispor
Who would you want to win the 2019 Golden Boy award?
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago