Welcome to the intriguing decision facing Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers as they contemplate their best FPL team choices for Gameweek 6.
With the looming deadline of 15:00 GMT+1 on Saturday, September 23, FPL enthusiasts are faced with the thrilling challenge of assembling their optimal team for the upcoming fixtures.
In this pivotal moment of the season, every transfer, captaincy choice, and tactical decision takes on heightened significance, and the quest for maximum points becomes all-encompassing.
Join us as we navigate the complexities and opportunities of Gameweek 6, seeking to assist managers in making the most informed choices for their FPL squads.
Fantasy Premier League standouts: The dilemma of Haaland, Alvarez, and Salah in Gameweek 6
In a season brimming with standout performers, the spotlight now shines on three players who have captured the hearts of FPL enthusiasts with their dazzling displays.
Erling Haaland, the towering Norwegian sensation valued at £14.1 million, and the Argentine maestro Julian Alvarez, priced at a more modest £6.9 million, have been nothing short of spectacular, amassing a staggering nine goals and six assists between them in the early stages of the campaign.
Haaland's mesmerizing form has made him an irresistible captaincy candidate, having notched an astonishing 45 points in just five matches.
However, the case for handing the armband to Alvarez gains momentum, particularly as he faces off against a Nottingham Forest side that has struggled to keep clean sheets on the road this season.
Moreover, Mohamed Salah's improved creativity has powered his remarkable start to the 2023/24 Fantasy Premier League season.
With two assists in Liverpool's 3-1 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, Salah is the only player to provide returns in each of the first five Gameweeks.
Currently fourth in the overall player standings, he has notched 33 points, thanks to two goals and four assists.
A closer look at his Expected Goal Involvement (xGI) stats compared to previous seasons reveals the secret behind his strong start.
Best FPL team: Top 3 Forwards
- Erling Haaland (Manchester City) v Nottingham Forest
- Julian Alvarez (Manchester City) v Nottingham Forest
- Taiwo Awoniyi (Nottingham Forest) v Manchester City
Best FPL team: Top 3 midfielders
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) v West Ham
- Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United) v Burnley
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United) v Burnley
Best FPL team: Top 3 defenders
- Kieran Trippier (Newcastle) v Sheffield Utd
- Sven Botman (Newcastle) v Sheffield Utd
- Joachim Andersen (Crystal Palace) v Fulham
Best FPL team: Top3 goalkeepers
- Bernd Leno (Fulham) v Crystal Palace
- Alisson Becker (Liverpool) v West Ham
- Ederson de Moraes (Manchester City) v Nottingham Forest
Best FPL team: Captains candidates
- Erling Haaland (Manchester City) v Nottingham Forest – £14.1
- Julian Alvarez (Manchester City) v Nottingham Forest – £6.9 million
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) v West Ham – £12.5 million
Best FPL team: Differentials
- Callum Wilson (Newcastle) – £7.8m
- James McAtee (Sheff Utd) – £4.4m
- Jeremy Doku (Man City) – £6.5m
- Lucas Paqueta (West Ham) – £6.0m
Best underpriced players
- Robert Sanchez (Chelsea) – £4.5m
- Taiwo Awoniyi (Nottingham Forest) – £6.6m
- James Tarkowski (Everton) – £4.5m
This article was most recently revised and updated 5 days ago