Manchester City will sit above Liverpool in the EPL table for at least 24 hours if they win at Bournemouth on Saturday.
The Cherries are on a very poor run of form, having lost three of their last four games, the last of which came in a 5-1 thrashing at the Emirates on Wednesday.
SEE ALSO: Sergio Aguero Completes Manchester City Contract Extension
Including the penalty-shoot-out win against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup final last Sunday, the Citizens have won their last seven matches and came through against West Ham in midweek courtesy of a Sergio Aguero penalty.
Bournemouth vs Man City kicks off at 3:00pm (GMT) on Saturday 2 March.
Bournemouth Lineup (4-2-3-1):
Manchester City Lineup (4-3-3):
- B. Silva
- D. Silva
SEE ALSO: Arsenal Urged To Complete Denis Suarez Permanent Transfer ASAP
Bournemouth Vs Man City Pre Match INSIGHTS
- Bournemouth have never beaten Manchester City in 13 previous league meetings (W0 D2 L11).
- Manchester City have won all seven Premier League meetings with Bournemouth, scoring 24 goals and conceding just three.
- Manchester City’s 100%-win record in seven games against Bournemouth is the best in Premier League history and joint-best in top-flight history, along with Brighton & Hove Albion against Wolves (also seven wins out of seven).
- Bournemouth have lost 10 of their last 12 home Premier League games against ‘big six’ opponents, beating Arsenal in January 2018 (2-1) and Chelsea in their last such game (4-0).
- Man City have lost three of their last six Premier League away games (W3), more than they had in their previous 34 on the road (W26 D6 L2).
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago