Maurizio Sarri‘s stuttering Chelsea side will welcome FA Cup finalists Watford today, as they pursue a top-four place in the Premier League and the possibility of Champions League football next season.
The Blues sit fourth with a game in hand but two points behind Tottenham, and are well-placed to clinch European football’s top competition next season.
However, with the chasing pack close behind, Chelsea would do well to secure three points at home at the weekend.
CHELSEA VS WATFORD PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 11 home matches against Watford in all competitions (W7 D4 L0) since a 1-5 defeat on the final day of the 1985-86 season.
- Watford have taken just one point from their five away Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge against Chelsea (W0 D1 L4), drawing 2-2 on Boxing Day in 2015.
- Since their return to the Premier League in 2015, Watford have scored more Premier League goals against Chelsea than they have vs any other side (13). They’ve also scored more goals at Stamford Bridge (7) than any other visiting side over the past four seasons.
- Chelsea haven’t lost their last home league game of the season since the 2001-02 campaign (1-3 vs Aston Villa), with the Blues winning 10 and drawing six since then.
- Chelsea are winless in three Premier League games (D2 L1) – the Blues last went four without a win in May 2016 under Guus Hiddink.
Chelsea vs Watford kicks off at 14:00 (GMT +1) on Sunday, May 5.
SEE ALSO: Champions League Referees 2018/2019 List – Statistical Overview & Appearances
CHELSEA VS WATFORD LINEUPS
CHELSEA (4-3-3) LINEUP
WATFORD (4-4-2) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 year ago