With the top-four race intensifying, Arsenal could consolidate their position at third with a win over Everton at Goodison Park.
When it comes to a top four place, Arsenal are the club that are well placed to achieve one considering their end of season run in.
Tottenham's win over Crystal Palace at their new stadium ensured they temporarily climbed above their North London rivals, although a win for the Gooners against Everton will ensure they take back that position.
Arsenal come into this game with all the confidence in the world, but their away form will be worrying every fan concerned.
Everton are enjoying one of their best spells in the Premier League this season after recording back-to-back victories.
Beating Arsenal would only improve on their end of season finish, although it's a tough ask.
Marco Silva's men have the firepower to trouble Arsenal, but when we consider the overall quality of the Gunners, the North London side will take three points here.
Everton Vs Arsenal Pre Match Insights
- Everton have lost seven of their last eight Premier League meetings with Arsenal (W1), including the last four in a row. They last lost five consecutively against the Gunners between May 1998 and April 2000.
- Arsenal have beaten Everton 97 times in league matches – more than any side has beaten another in English Football League history.
- Arsenal have scored more Premier League goals against Everton (107) than any side has against another in the competition’s history.
- Everton’s victory against Chelsea in their last home game ended a run of 25 Premier League games without a victory against ‘big six’ sides. They last won consecutive such matches in April 2014, beating Arsenal and Manchester United.
- Arsenal are the only Premier League side without an away clean sheet so far this season. The Gunners have won just one of their last eight league games on the road (D3 L4).
Everton Vs Arsenal Lineups
Everton (4-2-3-1) Lineup
Arsenal (3-4-2-1) Lineup
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago