AC Milan will travel north to Turin on Saturday night to face arch-rivals Juventus looking for a turnaround from their recent fortunes.
The Rossoneri seemed to be in a comfortable position in third spot going into the Derby della Madonnina three games ago, but since then have picked up just one point out of nine, throwing their place in the top four into jeopardy.
SEE ALSO: Cristiano Ronaldo Emerges first player to score 400 goals in top five leagues
Juventus, on the other hand, have continued their Serie A dominance, sitting 18 points ahead of their nearest challengers Napoli, having won 26 of their 30 league matches so far this season.
Pepe Reina described Saturday's upcoming encounter at the Allianz Stadium as the ‘perfect opportunity' for Milan to bounce back, but they will have to do so on an unhappy hunting ground.
Cristiano Ronaldo will not be available for the game, which gives the Diavolo a boost.
Juve have the title wrapped up and their minds will subconsciously be on next week's crucial Champions League game.
A point here would be a good result for Gattuso and co.
Juventus vs Milan Pre Match Insights
- AC Milan have won only one of their last 12 Serie A meetings against Juventus (L11).
- AC Milan have scored the most Serie A goals against Juventus (214) in the competition’s history.
- Juventus have won their last seven top-flight home games against AC Milan: they have they never won eight in a row against the Rossoneri in their Serie A history.
- AC Milan’s last Serie A away win against Juventus came back in March 2011 (0-1), thanks to the current AC Milan manager’s strike (Gennaro Gattuso), under Massimiliano Allegri.
- Juventus are one of four teams still unbeaten at home in the Top-5 European Leagues (alongside PSG, Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund).
Juventus vs Milan Line Ups
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 year ago