The pressure is back on Manchester City tonight as they welcome in-form Leicester City to the Etihad looking to return back to the top of the EPL table.
Host Man City have lost only four league matches all season long and one of those losses was with Leicester who got the better of them, winning 2-1 at the King Power Stadium last Boxing Day.
SEE ALSO: Europa League Winners – The Complete List Since Inception
Since then City have only lost two from the next sixteen in the league and are in control of their own destiny with two matches to go.
Man. City vs Leicester City Pre Match Insights
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League meetings with Leicester, though they did lose the reverse fixture 1-2 back in December.
- Leicester are looking to complete the top-flight double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1986-87 campaign, while they’re also looking to do the double against the reigning top-flight champions for the first time since 1985-86 against Everton.
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League home games against Leicester, having lost their first three such games against the Foxes.
- Manchester City have won each of their last 12 Premier League games – it’s the fifth run of a team winning 12+ games in a row in the competition’s history, with Man City the only side to have done so twice.
- Leicester have never won away from home on a Monday in the Premier League, drawing three and losing eight of their 11 such matches.
SEE ALSO: Champions League Referees 2018/2019 List – Statistical Overview & Appearances
Man. City vs Leicester City kicks off at 20:00 (GMT +1) on 6th May 2019.
Man. City vs Leicester City Lineups
Man. City (4-5-1) Lineup
- İ. Gündoğan
Leicester City (4-2-3-1) Lineup
SEE ALSO: Highest Goal Scorers in Champions League – The Complete List
This article was most recently revised and updated 7 months ago