Real Madrid will be looking for a way to get back to winning ways when they welcome 11th-placed Eibar to the Santiago Bernabeu this weekend.
Zinedine Zidane tasted his first defeat in his second stint as manager when they were beaten 2-1 by Valencia at the Mestalla on Wednesday night.
The defeat meant Real Madrid fell five points behind second-placed Atletico Madrid in the La Liga standings.
With the Rojiblancos set to play Barcelona at the weekend, it offers Zidane's side a chance to cut down the gap back to two points.
Eibar, on the other hand, are pushing for a way into the top half of the table.
Currently, with 39 points from 30 games, Jose Luis Mendilibar's men have a chance to move into the ninth place with a victory.
It sure will be a tightly-contested affair at the Santiago Bernabeu, with Eibar more than capable of pushing Real Madrid.
Real Madrid Vs Eibar Pre Match Insights
- Real Madrid have only lost one of their nine LaLiga matches against Eibar (W7 D1), although that defeat came in the reverse fixture this season (3-0).
- At home, Real Madrid are unbeaten in their five previous games against Eibar in all competitions (W4 D1), conceding just one goal in those matches.
- Real Madrid won their last meeting against a side from the Basque Country in LaLiga, 3-0 vs Alaves in February, this after losing and failing to score in their previous three such fixtures (vs Alaves, Eibar and Real Sociedad).
- Only against Barcelona (31) have Eibar conceded more goals than they have against Real Madrid (23) in LaLiga.
- Real Madrid have conceded 36 goals in 30 games in LaLiga this season, their highest such total at this stage since 2003/04 (also 36 goals).
Real Madrid Vs Eibar Lineups
This article was most recently revised and updated 2 months ago