Liverpool will be aiming to make it through to the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League, when they face off against FC Porto in the second leg of their quarter-final tie at Estadio do Dragao on Wednesday.
Coming into the game on the back of a 2-0 advantage from the first leg at Anfield, courtesy of goals from Naby Keita and Roberto Firmino, Jurgen Klopp’s Reds are the overwhelming favourites to qualify for the next round of the competition.
SEE ALSO: Highest Goal Scorers in Champions League – The Complete List
And they will be keen on avoiding any slip-ups in Portugal and keep their hopes of going all the way in the competition alive.
PORTO VS LIVERPOOL PRE MATCH INSIGHTS
- Two of the three teams that lost their first leg by 2+ goals in the Last 16 of the Champions League this season managed to turnaround the tie in the second leg; with Manchester United knocking out Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus defeating Atletico Madrid.
- FC Porto have lost the first leg of a Champions League/European Cup knockout tie by 2+ goals on six previous occasions, and on all six of those occasions, they have been eliminated from the competition.
- Liverpool have never lost a European match against FC Porto in seven previous encounters (W4 D3 L0), keeping three successive clean sheets against them.
- Porto suffered their heaviest ever home defeat in European competition against Liverpool in last season’s Champions League, with the Reds winning 5-0 in a last 16 tie.
- Since the start of last season, Liverpool have won three of their four away Champions League knockout games, only losing to Roma in last season’s semi-final (4-2).
SEE ALSO: Richest Footballer In Africa – See The Top 10 & Their Net Worth
PORTO VS LIVERPOOL LINEUPS
PORTO (4-3-3) LINEUP
LIVERPOOL (4-3-3) LINEUP
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago