Barcelona will travel to Estadio de la Ceramica in a midweek La Liga Matchday 30 clash to square off against relegation-threatened, Villareal.
The Catalan giants do not have to worry too much about this game as the Yellow Submarines are going through a poor patch of form.
SEE ALSO: Arsenal Adidas Kit 2019-20 Leaks [PHOTO]
Ernesto Valverde has almost the full squad at his disposal to make his pick for the starting eleven.
The trio of Rafinha, Dembele and Cillessen will not be eligible for selection as they are ruled out with injuries.
Dembele is expected to make a return in another week while Rafinha will most likely not feature in any games this season. The tenure of Cillessen’s injury is unknown.
Valverde is likely to rest a few tired legs ahead of a power-packed seven days where Barca face Villareal, Atletico Madrid and Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League.
Villarreal vs Barcelona Pre Match Insights
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 19 LaLiga meetings with Villarreal (W14 D5), having lost each of the previous three.
- No side has beaten Villarreal on more occasions in LaLiga history than Barcelona (21, alongside Real Madrid).
- Barcelona are enjoying a 17-game unbeaten run in LaLiga (W14 D3), the longest current streak among the top five European leagues teams.
- Villarreal have collected 29 points after 29 LaLiga games in 2018/19; of the last nine teams that have won 29 points at this stage of the season, only Osasuna in 2013/14 were relegated.
- Lionel Messi is currently on 334 LaLiga victories (level with Iker Casillas) – should he feature in this game and Barcelona win, he will be the player with the out-right most wins in LaLiga history.
Villarreal vs Barcelona Line Ups
Villarreal (3-5-2) Line Ups
Barcelona (4-4-2) Line Up
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago