Unai Emery will be looking to take Arsenal back into the top four with a win over Watford at Vicarage Road this evening.
Arsenal suffered another away loss last weekend as a poor show at Goodison Park saw them lose third place to Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League table.
With Chelsea also losing to Liverpool on Sunday, Unai Emery’s men will have a good chance to move above the Blues, who have been threatening to take a spot in the top four in recent weeks.
Arsenal will be very much aware of how tough an opposition Watford can be after the Hornets’ success in the FA Cup last weekend.
The Gunners boss will be desperate to see his side end their awful run on the road.
Tonight’s game between Watford vs Arsenal kicks off at 8pm.
Watford vs Arsenal Pre Match Insights
- Watford have lost four of their previous five home games against Arsenal in the Premier League, but did beat the Gunners in their most recent such encounter last season (2-1).
- Arsenal have not lost back-to-back away league games at Watford since a run of three straight defeats ending in November 1987.
- None of the 11 previous Premier League meetings between Watford and Arsenal have ended in a draw (nine wins for Arsenal, two for Watford); only four fixtures in the competition have been played more often without ever sharing the spoils (Manchester United v Wigan (16), Aston Villa v Derby (14), Derby v Leicester (12) and Manchester United v Watford (12)).
- Watford have only won two of their 15 Premier League games when playing on a Monday (D5 L8); a 4-2 win over Portsmouth in April 2007 and a 4-1 victory against Chelsea in February 2018.
- Arsenal have won seven of their last eight Premier League games on a Monday, losing only against Crystal Palace in April 2017 in that run.
SEE ALSO: Best Footballer In The World – Here Are 2019's Top Ten
Watford vs Arsenal Lineups
Watford (4-4-2) Lineup
Arsenal (3-4-2-1) Lineup
This article was most recently revised and updated 7 months ago