Lionel Messi is the highest earning player in 2020 according to Forbes.
The Argentina international is set to earn $126million (£98million) – split between his salary of $92million (£72million) plus $34million (£26million) in endorsements.
Cristiano Ronaldo is in second place on Forbes' list, with the Juventus attacker on course to earn $117million (£91million).
In third is Paris Saint-Germain winger Neymar, who is due to earn $96million (£75million).
Neymar's PSG team-mate Kylian Mbappe has risen significantly on the list to fourth place. He is set to earn $42million (£33million).
Completing the top five is Liverpool's Mohamed Salah, whose earnings total $37million (£29million).
See Below Complete List Of Forbes' Highest-Paid Players In 2020
1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) – $126million
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) – $117million
3. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain) – $96million
4. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain) – $42million
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool) – $37million
6. Paul Pogba (Manchester United) – $34million
7. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona) – $33million
8. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) – $29million
9. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) – $28million
10. David de Gea (Manchester United) – $27million
This article was most recently revised and updated 3 years ago