Ole Gunnar Solskjaer faces a fragile balancing act for Manchester United’s meeting with West Ham United in the Premier League on Saturday.
Three points are an absolute necessity, with Solskjaer declaring the club required 15 points from the remaining 18 available.
SEE ALSO: Here’s The One Game That Might Hand Title To Liverpool
On top of that, there remains the small matter of visiting the Nou Camp on Tuesday.
The Norwegian, therefore, needs to find the right balance between resting certain players and fielding a team capable of playing with the rhythm needed to take apart West Ham.
Man United vs West Ham Pre Match Insights
- After winning 11 out of 12 top-flight matches against West Ham between May 2008 and September 2014, Manchester United have only emerged victorious in two of their last eight such meetings (P8 W2 D4 L2).
- Following their 3-1 victory at the London Stadium in September, West Ham are looking to complete the league double over Manchester United for the first time since 2006-07, under manager Alan Curbishley.
- Only against Fulham (11), Leeds and Arsenal (both 12) are Manchester United on a longer unbeaten run at Old Trafford in the Premier League than against West Ham (10 – W8 D2).
- Manchester United have lost two of their last three Premier League games (W1), as many as they had in their previous 22 in the competition (W14 D6 L2).
- Manchester United are winless in their last four Premier League games immediately following a European fixture, losing at Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal and drawing at Southampton.
SEE ALSO: Eden Hazard Transfer: Real Madrid Finds House for Chelsea Star
Man United vs West Ham Lineups
Man United (4-3-3) Lineup
West Ham (4-2-3-1) Lineup
This article was most recently revised and updated 4 years ago