Nigeria have been drawn in Group D of the Africa Cup of Nations that will hold in Cameroon from January 9 to February 6, 2022.
The Super Eagles are joined in Group D by Egypt, Sudan, and Guinea-Bissau.
This means Gernot Rohr and his men will open their tournament campaign against seven-time champions, the Pharaohs of Egypt, on January 11, before taking on 1970 champions Sudan’s Falcons of Jediane on January 15.
The three-time champions will round off their group stage games against Guinea-Bissau’s Djurtus on January 19.
Nigeria will play all her group games at the 30,000-seater Roumdé Adjia Stadium, in Garoua, capital of Cameroon’s North Region.
See the full AFCON 2022 groups below
- Group A: Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Cape Verde
- Group B: Senegal, Zimbabwe, Guinea, Malawi
- Group C: Morocco, Ghana, Comoros, Gabon
- Group D: Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, Guinea-Bissau
- Group E: Algeria, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast
- Group F: Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Gambia
The tournament was initially scheduled for 2021 but was postponed to January/February 2022 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 year ago