— Akwa United FC (@AkwaUnited_fc) October 21, 2023
Fatai Osho has not started his journey as coach of Akwa United the way he must have wanted as his side are yet to win after three rounds of matches in the league this season.
The home side have two losses and a draw and are effectively bottom of the table going into their fourth NPFL game against Shooting Stars.
Akwa United will be looking to finally pick up a win especially having won their last four home games against the visitors but can only win if they play their best football yet this season.
Shooting Stars, meanwhile, have picked six points from the possible nine in their last three games and will fancy their chances against a struggling Osho-led side at the moment.
Akwa United vs Shooting Stars head-to-head and key numbers
- From the statistics that we have, these teams have previously played 10 matches between them. Akwa United won 5 matches, Shooting Stars won 3 matches, while 2 matches were drawn.
- Akwa United are ranked 20th on the table, they've obtained 1 point after three matches, while Shooting Stars are 4th on the table with 6 points after three games.
- Shooting Stars have lost their last four away games against Akwa United, conceded 10 goals and scored three times in those matches.
- Akwa United have scored 15 goals in their last 10 home games whilst conceding 6 goals in that stretch.
- Shooting Stars have scored five goals in their last 10 away games with 15 goals conceded.
- Akwa United have scored five away goals this season but are yet to score at home. They've conceded a total of 8 goals going into the fourth round.
- Shooting Stars have scored four goals and conceded two in their first three league games this season.
Where to watch Akwa United vs Shooting Stars live
The NPFL round 4 match between Akwa United and Shooting Stars will be live on the NPFL Live App for fans viewing pleasure in Nigeria.
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 month ago