L'Equipe has released a List Of The Highest-Paid Footballers In Europe, and to little surprise, Lionel Messi has been crowned as Europe's highest-paid footballer.
The 31-year-old icon's monthly wages before tax beat out the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Griezmann, who came in second and third in the Top 10 List Of The Highest-Paid Footballers In Europe.
According to the French magazine, Messi pockets $9.5M every month, which is more than what Ronaldo and Antoine earn combined.
Griezmann beat out Neymar to complete the top three thanks to his monthly earnings of $3.7M, which he earned after committing his future to Atletico with a new deal back in June 2018.
The French World Cup winner comes in at ninth with an earning of $2M. As for the Premier League, only two names make the cut.
One is Alexis Sanchez, the English top-flight's highest earner who comes in at eighth with $2.58M.
The other is Arsenal star Mesut Ozil, who despite his struggles with new manager Unai Emery, still earns a generous $1.8M per month to come in at 10th.
Other names to make the list are Luis Suarez on $3.3M, Gareth Bale on $2.8M, and Philippe Coutinho on $2.6M.
List Of The Highest-Paid Footballers In Europe
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona): £7.3 million (€8.3 million)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus): £4.1 million (€4.7 million)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid): £2.9 million (€3.3 million)
- Neymar (PSG): £2.7 million (€3.1 million)
- Luis Suarez (Barcelona): £2.5 million (€2.9 million)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): £2.2 million (€2.5 million)
- Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona): £2 million (€2.3 million)
- Alexis Sanchez (Manchester United): £2 million (€2.3 million)
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG): £1.5 million (€1.7 million)
- Mesut Ozil (Arsenal): £1.4 million (€1.6 million)
This article was most recently revised and updated 1 year ago