You want to acquire a UEFA Coaching License and you’re in the USA? This article gives a step by step guide on that.
Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) govern most of the big football clubs in Europe.
They have certification courses for coaches ranging from beginner to pro, which is for coaches at the highest professional level.
There are, however, online courses for beginners and mid-level coaches that can be taken by coaches or those interested in coaching.
The certificate issued after finishing these courses looks great on a resume and can increase your chances of getting higher level jobs coaching soccer in the United States.
Below are the five different levels of UEFA Coaching License:
UEFA Coaching License In USA
Level 1:- Use for a local community work with little experience or knowledge. A gentle introduction but not a mandatory qualification.
Level 2:- once you have completed a level 1, you can go for a level 2. Find work in football community, local authorities and soccer camps. You have 3 years to complete and you can complete it in 6 months
Level 3 or UEFA B license:- you need a level 2 and a course in accident and emergency and a child protection course before you start your level 3. You have 2 years but con completes the course in 12–18 months. experience professional can directly go to the level
UEFA A license:- it is equivalent to a degree. it is mandatory for all league managers. It can be done in 2 years and can be obtained only if you are working with National FA.
UEFA Pro license:- This license is required to manage teams in a nation's top leagues. it is also required to manage in the UEFA champions league of UEFA cup. it applies to both the head coach and team manager.
But I am going to restrict this article to the first two levels.
- Navigate to the official UEFA online learning course page.
- Click on the Step 1 Online course for Level One Coaches. This is the course that anyone, even those with just an interest in coaching, can take.
- Register and pay for the course by filling out the needed information.
- Log in each day and complete all parts of the course.
- Register to take your final course test when you have completed all other parts of the course.
- Take the final test. Once passed, you will get a certificate that you can use as proof of course completion.
- Enroll in the Level 2 course. You will again have to register and pay for the course online. You will also have to have passed the Level 1 test.
- Complete the Level 2 course and you will again receive a certificate of proof that you have completed the course.
This article was most recently revised and updated 9 months ago